Searching for....

Monday, May 1, 2017

04302017 - Good Shepherd Sunday - Special Impromptu Sermon


April 30, 2017
Good Shepherd Sunday

Today was supposed to be Confirmation Sunday, but due to the weather we experienced, this prevented us from having Confirmation.

Therefore, I pinch hit with the sermon and used a Shepherd's Crook since it was Good Shepherd Sunday!!

Here is the Gospel lesson that the sermon was based upon!

John 10:11-16

11 “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them13 He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.


Check out Pastor on the Prairie (ProtP)
Subscribe to ProtP

No comments:

Post a Comment

//trial script