Searching for....

Sunday, July 16, 2017

07162017 Letter to Emmanuel Lutheran Goodland KS

When God spoke to Jacob in Genesis 35:1-3, God was clear, Jacob was moving because God wanted Jacob to listen to Him and worship Him.  It is my prayer that I am being faithful to what God desires for me and my family as well.

On July 13, 2017, via special delivery, I received the documents issuing a divine call to me to become the Pastor of Emmanuel Lutheran – Export, PA.

Upon prayerful discernment and conversations with family and friends, I have decided to accept the divine call extended to me.  My effective date for my resignation at Emmanuel Lutheran – Goodland, KS is August 15, 2017.

What does this mean?  It means Michele, Sarah and I will be moving to Pennsylvania.

How soon?  This is yet to be determined.

Why?  Because I am listening to God’s voice in my life and what is best for my immediate family of Michele and Sarah and my extended family in Virginia and North Carolina.

What can you do?  Pray for Emmanuel Lutheran – Goodland, KS as they seek to find a new shepherd.  Pray for Emmanuel Lutheran – Export, PA as we transition and they welcome me as their shepherd.  Pray for Michele, Sarah and myself as we move from Goodland, KS to Export, PA.
The last nearly 7 years God has worked and it is my prayer that we as individuals and a community stand up and face the evil that clearly continues to pound we Christians.

May we because of the grace, peace and love of Jesus Christ, be able to face tomorrow and trust in the offer that Jesus Christ clearly and emphatically makes with His willingness to go to Calvary and die in order that we might have eternal life.

I love each of you and will keep Goodland in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Yours In Christ,
Darian Lee Hybl

Please see below the letter read after worship July 16, 2017:

Sunday, July 16, 2017
Dear Saints of Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Goodland, KS:

Greetings to you in the name of our risen and ascended Lord, Jesus Christ!

On Thursday, July 13, 2017, I received a package via FedEx special overnight delivery that contained in writing the Official Documentation extending a divine call from the saints at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Export, PA to serve as their pastor.

I have responded to Emmanuel Lutheran Export regarding the receipt of their divine call and also informed the following:

·         LCMC
o   Pastor Steven Lein (Pastoral Ministry Coordinator)
o   Pastor Dave Fisher (Colorado LCMC Liason)
·         NALC
o   Bishop John Brodosky
o   Pastor David Wendel
o   Pastor Dennis Beckmann (Dean of the Great Plains Mission District)
o   Pastor Alden Towberman (Dean of Mid-Northeast Mission District)
o   Pastor Ken Hohag (Dean of the Rocky Mountain Mission District)
As you know, I currently am under call to you the saints of Emmanuel Lutheran-Goodland since September 21, 2010 and my installation on October 23, 2010.

After constant prayer and prayerful deliberation seeking God’s will, conversations with family and friends and determining what is best for my wife, daughter and family both in Virginia and North Carolina, I am returning your divine call issued September 12, 2010 and accepting the divine call to Emmanuel Lutheran – Export, PA effective August 15, 2017.

Thank you for the opportunity to be ordained here, preach and teach about what Jesus Christ did on the Cross of Calvary, administer the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion and the joyful opportunity to love every one of you as the children of God you have been created to be in His image.

As this transition takes place, I ask that you please keep the council and leaders of the church here at Goodland and my family, Michele and Sarah and myself in your thoughts and prayers during the coming days, weeks and months.  This is an opportunity for unity behind the Gospel of Jesus Christ love and respect for one another as Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

May God’s Word sustain each of us during this transition and may we clearly hear, proclaim and imitate our Lord Jesus Christ Who inspired Paul with these words, “Therefore, be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.” (Ephesians 5:1-2)

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Darian Lee Hybl

Check out Pastor on the Prairie (ProtP)
Subscribe to ProtP

No comments:

Post a Comment

//trial script