Searching for....

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Highlights for Exponential Day 1


TUESDAY'S HIGHLIGHTS 

The Exponential '13 Webcast kicked off yesterday with thousands of attendees throughout the world challenged by Francis Chan, Jim Putman, Ed Stetzer, Robert Coleman and more to define what a true disciple is and honestly ask themselves: "Am I a disciple? Am I making disciples?" If you weren't with us, below are some quote highlights from yesterday's Main Sessions 1, 2 and 3:  

Francis Chan:
"Discipleship is 'Follow my example as I follow Christ.'"

"I want to see people do more than simply raise their hand when they come to Christ. Where are the totally changed lives?"  

"When I rely on my flesh, I empty the cross of its power."  

"We have got to make disciples. Fun nights and pizza nights are not going to sustain us."

Jim Putman: 
"Being a disciple requires a process--moving from what I am to who He wants me to be--someone like Him."

"Jesus' mission is not to make converts, and it never has been. His mission is to make disciples."  

Dave Ferguson: "Attendance and dollars are not advancing the mission. We're starting all over with a new scorecard!"
  
Robert Coleman: "All the principles of discipleship can be learned in raising kids."  

Hugh Halter: "You can never make a disciple until you know their story." 
  
Ed Stetzer: "We have to assess: Are we making disciples along the way as we draw people to our churches?"

Lance Ford: "Being a disciple maker starts with inviting someone to walk with me as I follow Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

//trial script