Searching for....

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Andy Stanley - 5 Commitments at North Point

Andy Stanley is one of the top leaders in the country in the church world.  His leadership ability is a model for young leaders.  The following came in an e-mail from Richard Chancey (http://www.churchconstructionblog.com/) and I had to share it.

5 commitments we ask our staff to make at North Point
1. When there is a gap I will believe the best. 

2. When others assume the worst about you, I'm going to come to your defense. 

3. If what I experience begins to erode my trust I'm coming directly to you. (The shortest route to relationship is to continue to communicate "I want to trust you." The shortest way to determine who is untrustworthy is to trust them. The shortest way to make someone untrustworthy is to fill the gap with suspicion.) 

4. When I'm not going to be able to keep a promise I'm going to let you know ahead of time. 

5. When you confront me about gaps I've created, I'm going to tell you the truth. 

It does not get any better than this so far as what is required of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//trial script